Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DOF and Motion Assignment

We were asked to do an assignment that focused (no pun intended) on depth of field shots as well as motion shots. I thought this was extremely hard for me personally, only because I was convinced that my camera couldn't go depth of field. Lo and behold, Kara got to messing around with it and she got it to work. I did have several photoshopped but once I learned how to get my camera to do it I scrapped them (they weren't very good anyway). So here are the "new" pictures!






The second one is probably my favorite, followed closely by the first. If I had to have one of these critiqued, I'd say the cotton one.

Next, here are my motion pictures:






My favorite is the one of all the girls jumping up, if only for the reason that Miss Copous is getting some air! haha If I had to have one of these critiqued, I'd say that one. :)

6 comments:

  1. Copous betta go!! I like the drummer of The Cleverly's. I think the blur and the still in the same shot are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off: How did Ms. Copous get so much air?!? The woman got hops! (Vertical.) Anyways, in the depth of field portion of the assignment, I believe that I like the 2nd image the best and I have to agree with you that I like the girl's jumping for the motion part. Good work, once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, there are some strong images in this series. In your DOF series, the second and third images are the strongest in my opinion. They make the best use of shallow depth of field. I know you picked the cotton image, but sadly the main cotton boll is blurry. It looks like camera shake motion blur. As a result, it feels just as out-of-focus as the background. In the motion series, I think your "jump" image is certainly working, but WOW that drummer is a very strong image. Not only does it capture motion well, but it is also the best COLOR image of the bunch. Look at that guy in his warm orange and sienna against that extremely cool blue background! Nicely done on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From DOF series I like 2 followed by 3 best. For motion I like image 1 and 2 the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I'd have to say my favorite is the first DOF and the first motion as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the jumping girls for your motion, but yeah, the colors on the cleverly? drummer is amazing. I really like the 2# of your DOF. Great work! I like them all!

    ReplyDelete